Friday, February 2, 2018

😫CRAVINGS😫 I get asked about this all the time. I was a chocolate and chippies kind of gal. I was an emotional eater, a celebrational eater, a secret eater, a snack on the run eater....you name it, I've done it. On a really basic level, cravings fall into 3 categories: 1. nutritional: so your body is craving particular nutrients 2. emotional / sabotage: you're addicted to or crave foods that actually make you feel crap 3. associative: connected to great times or people. As an example, every time I think of my mother, I crave roast chicken and her crispy bread stuffing that was always cooked in a separate pan. Crunchy, savoury and golden....MMM! I'm actually drooling right now just thinking of it! SO, how come I never have cravings anymore? The steps I've gone through to ensure cravings never win are 1. I don't deprive myself of nutrition. I eat a balanced diet. 2. I looked at what I was craving and WHY. I addressed the EMOTIONAL yearning and worked out how to satisfy that. 3. Roast chicken is great. I just pass on the stuffing as it doesn't serve my health and give in to my savoury needs with low carb alternatives. Cashews or peanuts are a great choice. SO: are you cravings bigger than you? If so, how can I help? M X


via Monique Bradley http://ift.tt/2EBD446

No comments:

Post a Comment