Monday, July 16, 2018

When I was young, I spent a lot of time drawing. When I was at intermediate I actually had a charcoal picture - a self portrait of me as an old lady - in a National touring Art exhibition! It was kind of a big deal. I was this morbidly obese kid who had produced a picture of myself as an old woman who wasn’t carrying around the excess weight which held back her confidence, a woman who was a dreamer and had turned those dreams into reality, a woman who conquered the world and had a twinkle in her eye and many exciting stories to tell. Everyday I strive to be the woman in that picture. Every day I get a little bit closer. If you could go back in time and draw a picture of yourself as an elderly person, would that picture and the path you’re on now match up? If the answer is NO, what picture would you prefer to see? And when are you ready to take control of the charcoal? A little reflection for this very interesting #tuesday . . . . . #reflection #showerthoughts #thisis40something #healthyeating #realfood #weightloss #healthyfood #transformationtuesday #drawing #40kilosdown #live #eating #earrings #empowerment https://ift.tt/2uETkNj


via Monique Bradley https://ift.tt/2uMzHmz

No comments:

Post a Comment